Friday, June 27, 2014

Red v Blue

Well the Eve bug has taken me again. After a while exploring Placid I signed up for Red v Blue and have gotten about 300k worth of ships blown up for not a single kill mail in return. I have downsized to ships I can afford, then downsized again to ships that are cheaper - not much mind you, the fittings cost more than the hull when you are dealing with small ships.
I have some nicely fitted Thorax ready to go, lost the first to a blob, lost the second to not having my overview correctly set up, (always helps if you can see the person shooting at you!) and the third to a insta-hurricane gate camp in the Bleak Lands while in a public fleet. I then bought a bunch of ships of contract,a REALLY nice feature of RvB. They are fit for low skill toons so I am losing out on Slays skill points but for giggles it works well.
Tonight I went and took up an offer of a 1 on 1 frigate fight. My first Incursus went pop very quickly so I fitted the second with tech 2 and had a good fight. Unfortunately I didn't bring enough cap boosters and went poof not after a good long fight, I suspect he would have gone soon after but he linked his fit and this is the analysis of his fit:

  1. He was afterburner fit;
  2. He used his disruptor to close off my MWD;
  3. He used an energy neutralizer on me: because of my cap boosters i don't think this had a material effect on the fight;
  4. He used 3 x neutron blasters which, when at optimal, went through my armor very quickly, a single repair unit would not have kept me alive;
This is the analysis of my fit:
  1. I was MWD fight, this used up power grid that would have been better used on fitting bigger guns (I had ion blasters II);
  2. I didn't bring enough boosters for my cap booster - this ultimately lost me the fight;
  3. My MWD was no use;
  4. No idea if the hobgoblin II caused any pressure on him;
I have refitted the two remaining Incursus with 3 x neutron blasters, afterburner, LAR x2 with the rigs to support this. (Tried to insert EFT XML but blogger does funny things to the XML)

I flew over to Blue Head Quarters (bhq), got into a fight on their on dock with several people and survived. Destroyed a merlin that aggressed me, the wolf was a tad harder but he ended up warping away.

No comments: